Your story should be compelling – so unleash your creativity and let loose your innovative skills! Looking for some thought-starters for your video? Check out the bottom of this page.
Our top 10 list for making a short awesome film: :
- Decide on a theme and a title.
- Write the script. Keep it simple.
- Decide on the scenes that will be the backdrop to your story.
- Decide who will tell your story. Will it be you or will you use ‘actors’?
- Shoot each scene.
- Add music and sound effects.
- Show your parents, friends and family!
- Submit your masterpiece by December 31st, 2018 and share on social media
Here are some video thought-starters:
- Some people say environmental problems come from people not managing the things they use properly when they no longer want them. What message would you send to people about what to do with items from durable items like small appliances to single use items like food packaging to help solve this problem?
- You’ve seen that plastics are used to help develop medical technology for humans and animals. Is there a new device you’d like to invent that incorporates plastic?
- Love fashion? Some of the clothes you love may include plastic fibres. What can you find out about that? What do you think about it?
- Look around you. What role has plastics played in your life? What items are indispensable and why is plastic part of the design?
- Can you find out about any Canadian inventions that use plastic in a sustainable way or to keep it out of landfill after it’s used?
- How can plastics used in products be recovered to be used again? Is that important to you? Why?
- What can you find out about plastics in your electronics? How is it even possible that these plastics are related to water bottles and bags. Show us what you find out.
- You probably know that plastic bottles can be recycled into new T-shirts and fleece sweaters. It takes about 20 14 oz bottles. Show us other ways that you could keep the same bottles out of landfill or ocean litter.
- Do you know of any Canadian companies that are doing interesting things to help keep plastic products and packaging out of landfills? What problem are they solving? What can you find out about the technology they use that’s interesting?
- Aeronautics. Avionics. Automotives. Just three huge industries that use loads of plastics in design. Why? What’s the next frontier?
- On your last visit to the doctor, dentist or orthodontist, did you notice any plastics in the office. Why do you think there’s so much plastic used in health care and what do you think about that?
- What hobbies do you love? Look closely – do any of them involve the use of plastic items? Why do you think this is?”